When it comes to improving your
home and maintaining or increasing its value, many experts will tell you that
it all starts with curb appeal. So in this article, I’ve provided a few smart
tips for beautifying your yard or landscaping, and then finished with some tips
for installing wood flooring, using renovation materials wisely, and
eliminating microwave odor.
Create a low maintenance rock
garden to add beauty to your landscape. If you’d rather not spend considerable
time trying to weed, water, and maintain a flower garden, but you’d still like
to have a nice-looking and welcoming yard, choose various hardscape features
like rocks, a foot path, a bench, and a little fence. These require some effort
to arrange, but afterward, you’re set for years.
Don’t forget about functional
elements when landscaping. After all of your hard work with landscaping, the
very last thing you want is for current functional elements to take away from
the stunning results. So, replace items like an old rusted mailbox, or sand and
paint your peeling window boxes to give the entire property a finished and
Compost your organic waste. If
your town doesn’t already offer compost waste collection, add your own compost
to your yard. You’ll not only dramatically reduce the quantity of garbage that
you send to the garbage dump every week, but you’ll also save money on
fertilizers for your garden. Moreover, your fertilizers will be organic.
Leave an expansion gap when
installing wood flooring. Your start and end … READ MORE >>>
Should you consider sheep wool
when isolating your home?
When it comes to Nature, few can
dispute their expertise in creating perfection.
Take sheep for example. For
centuries they have endured the harshest outside conditions, from extreme
humidity to summer heat.
They were able to do it because
of the magic fiber we call sheep wool, the perfect natural insulator.
So it’s no surprise it’s very
effective for sheep.
Maybe it will work in our house
The results are amazing!
Here’s the reason:
Using sheep’s wool for insulation
will provide a more comfortable climate for the interior of your home. This is
done by providing a barrier between cooler outdoor conditions and warmer
environments in your home.
In the world of sheep wool
insulation is quite unique.
- This is a natural substance that is free of harmful toxins contained in other synthetic insulation materials.
- Built naturally to absorb large amounts of moisture but still maintain insulation properties.
- Unlike other insulative ingredients, this material does not precipitate. It has amazing longevity, never wears out and never loses its effectiveness over time.
- It’s fireproof, a very important characteristic in choosing insulation for your home.
- With sheep’s wool it is very difficult for heat to pass from one side to the other. This will keep your home warm in winter and cool in summer.
- Wool fiber unlike other insulative ingredients is not harmful to your lungs.
- Safe to touch.
- In today’s environmentally conscious world, this material is a source of natural, renewable,
… READ MORE >>>